On Wednesday 28th April 18.00-19.30 we will be hosting a launch for our new book for early career teachers: ‘Letter to my NQT Self.’ Published by John Catt, this book is a collection of letters by teachers to their ‘NQT selves’ which educators offering tales of successes and challenges in their first year of teaching and practical tips to support early career teachers to thrive in their early career at the chalkface.
Join us to find out more about the book and to hear from seminal thinkers who will be discussing strategies for early career teachers and mentors to employ. Invited guests who will speaking at the book launch are:
- Kat Howard, Senior Leader at The Duston School, author of ‘Stop Talking About Wellbeing: A Pragmatic Approach to Teacher Workload, co-author of ‘Symbiosis: The Curriculum and the Classroom, Founder of LitDrive, an international CPD provision for English teachers and Expert Advisor at the Teacher Development Trust.
- Dame Alison Peacock, CEO of Chartered College of Teaching
- Professor Sam Twiselton OBE, Professor of Education, Director of Sheffield Institute of Education, Vice President of Chartered College of Teaching, Chair of DfE ITT Content Group
- Sinead Mc Brearty, CEO of Education Support
- Sam Strickland, Principal, Historian, Author
- Lekha Sharma, Vice Principal, Evidence Lead in Education, Author
- Mary Myatt, education adviser, writer and speaker
- Sonia Thompson, Headteacher St Matthew’s C.E. and Research School
- Kathryn Morgan, Head of leadership content, Ambition Institute
- Sarah Cottingham, Associate Dean Learning Design, Ambition Institute
- Tom Sherrington, former Headteacher, Education Consultant, author
- Emma Turner, Trust Research and CPD Lead and author
- Haili Hughes, English teacher, MAP Lead, author