Welcome to our Equalities page
At ATT we take our responsibilities very seriously. Our mission is to provide the very best education for all pupils and the highest level of support for our staff to ensure every child leaves our academies with everything they need to reach their full potential.
On this page you will find details on how we meet our duties under the Equality Act 2010 and support our commitment to providing an environment in which each individual has complete equality of opportunities and do not suffer any discrimination, whether directly or indirectly.
In October 2010, the Equality Act introduced a Public Sector Equality Duty, which requires the Academy to have due regard to the need to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Act;
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not; and
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
The Equality Duty requires the Trust to consider how our activities affect the people who share these different protected characteristics and to publish information to show how we do this.
In order to meet our Equality Duty, we are required to publish Equality Information about how our policies and practices affect those with Protected Characteristics.
We have considered our practices and how well we are doing and identified the following as objectives for the Trust and its academies.
- Close the gap between the achievement of disadvantaged pupils across the Trust and their peers nationally.
- Improve the attendance and lateness of pupils across the Trust so as it is at least in line with national
- Reduce the number of fixed term and permanent exclusions for SEN pupils and those eligible for pupil premium funding.
- Narrow the gap between the achievement of boys and girls
- To monitor and analyse recruitment, promotion, assessment, pay, terms and conditions of employment, redundancy and disciplinary by protected characteristics (where data is available). We will act on any trends or patterns in the data that require action to be taken to close any gaps between those who have a protected characteristic and those who do not.
View our equalities policy here
To read our annual gender pay gap report, click here.