Our Academy Transformation Trust Institute, working in partnership with Ambition Institute, is leading an expert, innovative training offer for Early Career Teachers and their mentors for the full two-year programme. We deliver the Early Career Framework to Early Career Teachers in our ATT Academies as well as fellow Multi-Academy Trusts and Academies.
The early career framework sets out what early career teachers are entitled to learn about and learn how to do when they start their careers. It underpins a new entitlement for two years of professional development, designed to help early career teachers develop their practice, knowledge and working habits. It provides your Early Career Teachers with excellent grounding and training opportunities to ensure that they develop as expert practitioners whilst supporting your mentors in becoming highly effective Instructional Coaches.
Why This Programme?
This Department for Education-funded programme builds on the thinking behind the early career framework to help educators early in their careers develop expertise and improve wellbeing and job satisfaction.
You can download Ambition Institute’s Expert Edit publication now for more information about the early career framework and how the Early Career Teachers Programme can support your early career teachers.
Our blend of synchronous, asynchronous, face-to-face, and digital learning provides a sector-leading range of development opportunities for your Early Career Teachers, including engagement with leading educational thinkers and speakers at our conference events.
Benefits for Your School
Benefits for Your ECTs & Mentors
Why Choose ATT Institiute?
What Do Our Partners Say?
- Attract and retain staff – Provide quality professional development for new teachers, encouraging them to stay in the profession.
- Evidence-based – Ensure teachers at the start of their career have access to evidence-based training and development.
- Improved wellbeing and job satisfaction of ECTs
- A two-year package of support for ECTs, Mentors and Induction Coordinators.
- Flexible learning – access to our flexible Steplab platform.
- Develop their practice – support teachers at the start of their careers to keep getting better
- Anyone signed-up to our Early Career Teacher Programme will also secure access to our Trust webinar series, through which we invite seminal educators and researchers to share the latest developments in pedagogy and support the creation of shared mental models around the very best teaching practice.
- Facilitation from expert Visiting Fellows who are passionate about supporting your ECTs and their Mentors to thrive in their roles.
Early Career Teacher development is at the heart of what we do at Academy Transformation Trust. We have recently published our Early Career Teacher book, “Letter to my NQT Self” with John Catt, with members of our expert team invited to present our approach to Early Career Teacher development at national events.
“It’s really nice to know that all of our Mentors are getting training of this high-quality!”
– Induction Coordinator
“Today was a wonderful day packed full of knowledge and ideas on how to improve my practice…”
– ECT (2022 cohort)
“I’ve really enjoyed the conference and cannot wait for the next one! The sessions are excellent and will improve my teaching practice.”
– ECT (Jan 2023 cohort)
“The facilitators were really supportive and their training was really informative. I feel much more prepared to do my mentoring role well after today.”
– Mentor (2022 cohort)
“You show fidelity to the curriculum and skilful exemplification from the Classroom… this is really skilful facilitation and feels like a high-value event.”
-Ambition Institute, 2023
If you would like to sign-up your Early Career Teachers and Mentors, or you would like to find out more, please do not hesitate to contact Katie Pattinson, our Deputy Director of Institute.