Academy Transformation Trust (ATT) has been recognised by the Ministry of Defence for its support to the Armed Forces from across the West Midland Reserve Forces and Cadets Association’s (West Midland RFCA) region.
ATT has now met all the criteria for Gold Status in the Employer Recognition Scheme which includes a number of positive measures and policies that we have in place advocating our support to members of the Armed Forces community within our family of academies. This offer also includes and extends to veterans, reservists, Cadet Force adult volunteers and their families.
Gold award holders:
- must have signed the Armed Forces Covenant
- must have an existing relationship with their National Account Manager/REED/appropriate defence representative
- must proactively demonstrate their forces-friendly credentials as part of their recruiting and selection processes. Where possible, they should be engaged with Career Transition Partnership (CTP) in the recruitment of service leavers and have registered for the Forces Families Jobs (FFJ) portal
- must actively ensure that their workforce is aware of their positive policies towards defence people issues.
- must be an exemplar within their market sector, advocating support to defence people issues to partner organisations, suppliers and customers with tangible positive results
- must provide at least 10 days’ additional leave for training, fully paid, to Reservist employees
- must not have been the subject of any negative public relations or media activity.
The ERS scheme bestows Bronze, Silver and Gold accreditation to employers supporting the wider armed forces community, their families and communities who serve or have served in the Armed Forces, while aligning their values with the Armed Forces Covenant. All entries are subject to a rigorous validation process by a selection board made up of senior military personnel.
ATT was recognised especially for the strong CCF presence across our trust and the knowledge and support of CFAVs who are also staff within our academies as well as for supply chain advocacy and single service engagement.
Commenting on the announcement of the awards, Debbie Clinton, Chief Executive Officer said:
“We are honoured to be one of only 140 organisations awarded Gold Status this year. As current events demonstrate only too powerfully, we should all demonstrate an unwavering commitment to our Armed Forces and we are proud to proactively do our part in the ways that are recognised by this award.”
To find out more about how our commitment is reflected in our recruitment practices please click here.